Monday, April 20, 2009

Sketchez...

Alright, so here's what I've got on the burner for the portfolio site...

I'm trying to make this as OOP as I possibly can because I want to better acquaint myself with AS 3.0. However, I'm a little slow at the moment, so this design might actually end up getting saved for next year when I've had more time to play around in AS 3.0.

If I come up with a design that I'd rather do primarily on the timeline, I'll post the sketches for that. But I really really like this design. It's really simple and clean, and I think it's kind of nice-looking. I really want to stretch my skills, so I'm hoping to incorporate more script.

First things first, I am working on building my preloader. For the last project, I found preloader and essentially copy/pasted and changed the loading image mask. But for this project, I'm taking that preloader skeleton, and tweaking some of its functions so that the visual element will be better incorporated to the site. I'm going to use a rotating wheel graphic instead.
Originally I wanted it to flow into the main UI, but I don't know how to do that, so whatever.

It's really simple. Basically it just consists of color bars arranged in a line that you scroll through. On rollover, clickable bars become masks for an image related to the respective page and the project title extends from the bar. On mouse click, the bars extend down vertically (maybe), and text fades into view (from right to left). Above this, a single project image appears, promptly followed by an arrow indicating whether or not more images are available for viewing. If there are multiple images, they'll scroll in from the right as the user clicks the arrow.

Reverse all of that when the user returns to the main interface. And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment